About visas to Finland and Russia
All participants should be aware that because of the cross-border nature of the 11th Annual T2M Conference, more attention should be paid on having the correct visas and travel documents ready prior to the conference. Every attendee is responsible for making their own travel arrangements and acquiring visas if needed.
Visas cannot be obtained at the border!
T2M local organizers are however prepared to assist delegates to obtain visas by sending official visa invitation letters upon request. To obtain an invitation to T2M, participants must first complete the registration form and settle all conference related fees on the T2M site (https://t2m.org/).
Invitations can only be sent after the registration has been done by the participant.
To help attendees we have listed information about visas for both countries below:
- Because Finland is a member of EU and a part of Schengen area, a visa is only needed from some countries. A complete list of countries and visa requirements can be found from the site of Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland (LINK)
- If a visa is needed and you are thinking of returning to Finland after the conference days in Russia, keep in mind that you need a double entry visa (you will be crossing the border twice)
- For the visa invitation for Finland, please, send the following information:
- Full name as written in your passport, nationality, date of birth (day, month, year) and passport number OR send a copy of the information page of your passport
- Any questions about visas to Finland should be directed to Joonas Nikkanen (email@example.com) and AFTER 26th of July also to Jenni Korjus (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A visa is needed from most countries
- The process of acquiring the visa is different depending on the visitors country, so every attendee is encouraged to check Russian visa regulations themselves for their own country
- For up-to-date information please contact the Russian embassy or a travel agent in your country
- For the invitation, please, send a copy of your passport to Polina Polukhina (email@example.com)
- Any questions about visas to Russia should be directed to Polina Polukhina (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Acquiring the visas may require a long time so every attendee requiring a visa to either of the countries should begin the process of getting one as soon as possible.
The T2M organizers will not be held responsible for a visa not granted and a failure to obtain a visa will not be accepted as grounds for refund of any fees and costs paid to the conference.
About the train transfers from Finland to Russia
The T2M conference registration fee includes one-way train transfer by high speed Allegro train from Kouvola to St. Petersburg. For the passenger list of the train company all participants need to send the following information in advance:
- Full name as written on the passport
- Date of birth (day, month, year)
- Passport number
Please send the information by e-mail both to Joonas Nikkanen (email@example.com) and Jenni Korjus (firstname.lastname@example.org) NO LATER than by the end of August 2013.
Bear in mind that the conference ends in St. Petersburg. No return trip back to Finland is provided by the conference organizers. Therefore the organizers recommend the participants to book a return flight departing from St. Petersburg. If you are intending to return home by a plane departing from Finland, book a train ticket from St. Petersburg to Helsinki well in advance.
The train tickets from St. Petersburg back to Finland in an Allegro train can be booked online at http://www.vr.fi/en/index.html. The internet ticket store works worldwide. The booking system also asks information for the passenger list (full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number).